Happy Friday & Happy New Year!
I hope you all had an amazing holiday break. It was SUCH A STRUGGLE going back to work yesterday, but at least it’s a super short week before the crazy starts up! I’m back today with a new Friday Favorites which I’m very excited about since I haven’t done one since the first week of December. But, I wanted to take the time today to catch up and just chat about what I did during the break, share a few gifts that I received from my family & share my goals for the new year.
But, our regular Friday Favorites set up that you guys are used to will fully resume next week!
WHAT I DID OVER THE HOLIDAY BREAK
I was lucky enough to have about a week and a half off from work for the holidays and it was MUCH NEEDED. I’ve mentioned it before, but leading up to the holidays, I was feeling very burnt out. Not about blogging, but about work and life and just felt so tired and felt like I was just moving through the motions but wasn’t particularly excited about anything. Honestly, I just wanted to sleep. So I was so happy to have some time off.
I had a few goals going into the break, some of which I shared in this post. I actually made a list on my iPad of what I wanted to do just because I love lists. But, my biggest goals were to clean my apartment and clean out my wardrobe, start getting ready for my Vietnam trip which is in just two weeks (!!!) and work on some blog content. I knew this month was going to be so busy at work on top of getting ready for my big trip so I just wanted to get myself ready while I had the chance.
The first few days of my break, I really allowed myself to become a couch potato because I just needed it. I was so physically and mentally exhausted. I stayed off my phone, I treated myself to some cheat meals, I binge watched some shows and I took NAPS, NAPS, NAPS.
A few other highlights:
- I got a haircut before Christmas. Chopped off about 2inches and I feel very fresh now. I also was so tired that when I was getting my hair washed, I definitely fell asleep.
- Eddie & I started & finished a Star Wars marathon. I had never seen any of the movies before, but my cousin loves them so I decided to give it a try. I really enjoyed them, but they definitely do not beat Harry Potter or Marvel in my book.
- I watched The Act on Hulu which was so good, but so sad.
- I took the longest showers possible throughout the week and took time to use my body scrub, body lotion, deep conditioner and face masks. I typically shower in the morning before going out so I’m almost always rushing so it was nice to take a leisurely shower and use those extra products that I sometimes pass up.
- I tried oat milk for the first time. It kind of tastes like soy milk to me and I love soy milk.
- I started a new vitamin regimen. I had been taking a women’s gummy multi vitamin, but I added a probiotic and a stress one to my life and I like them so far. Going to see if I really notice a difference and will definitely share on the blog.
- I did in fact clean my apartment and wardrobe and donated about 5 bags of clothes and accessories to my local Goodwill.
- I ordered some vacation clothes for Vietnam. I still have some knick knacks I have to pick up, but hopefully I’ll be ready in two weeks!
- I brainstormed some blog ideas. Planned out two months worth of content, still have a ton of ideas left and have one month written and ready to go. I still have to shoot some pics, but I’m really proud of myself. You guys know I struggle trying to maintain my blog and keep a schedule so I’m just really happy about this.
- Watched You season 2 on Netflix. I have been waiting for this since the day they announced the release date. It was so freaking good. Started off slow in my opinion, but finished strong. Season 1 is still my favorite, but I just love this show!
- Played video games with my boyfriend. I’m such a gamer girl. LOLLLL. My boyfriend is a big gamer and I always say I’m a gamer girl which he just laughs and rolls his eyes at because I suck and am the farthest thing from that. I got him a VR system for his playstation and was so excited to play it myself. Welp it made me dizzy and I had to go lay down after it so there’s that.
- I ate. A lot. And everything.
And I think those are the big highlights I wanted to share! I definitely relaxed during this break and took full advantage of the time so I’m happy about that because it’s going to be a busy January!!
FRIDAY FAVORITES: WHAT I GOT FOR CHRISTMAS EDITION!
Ever since Christmas, I’ve been watching “What I Got For Christmas” videos on Youtube nonstop. They are some of my favorite videos each year and I can watch them all day long. One girl I watched summed it up perfectly, “I’m nosy and like to know what other people got and I figured I would share what I got.”
Same, girl, same.
I shared what I got last year and you guys really responded to it and I just feel really blessed and lucky to have some amazing people in my life who are so thoughtful and know me so well and got me such nice things so I wanted to share a little roundup!
Mansur Gavriel Mini Mini Bucket Bag
This was a gift from my mom and I love it so much. The box it comes in is so small and so cute. And the bag itself…is just….so perfect. I’m planning to pack this for Vietnam and I already feel so inspired to create different outfits around this bag.
I wore it yesterday for the first time since I was going shopping with my mom in Soho after work and wanted something small and I am in love.
I also picked up a new pair of Gentle Monster sunglasses (!!!!!) which I’ll talk more about next week and a new pair of glasses because I desperately needed them which you see me trying on here. Also, can we appreciate my mom who is confused and 100% over me? lol
This was actually a birthday gift from my mom. But, I thought I would include it in this little roundup. Another bag I’m planning to pack for Vietnam. Can you tell I love bags? My mom knows that and has always supported my bag addiction. This bag is so freaking cute and so well made and I can not wait to wear it.
Lilo & Stitch Backpack
A gift from Eddie! He definitely went with a Disney theme because he knows I LOVE Disney. I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but I just love Disney so much and I love these quirky little pieces that I can pair with a normal outfit to just feel like my little personal touch.
I have been eyeing this backpack since it came out and every time I saw it online or in the Disney store, I would subtly, very subtly say to Eddie ” I NEED THAT BAG. YOU BETTER GET IT FOR ME.” Lilo & Stitch is one of my fave movies and Stitch is my fave character so I’m so excited. This would be so perfect for my Disney trip, whenever that is, but I also think this would be cute in the summer with a little white dress.
Cinderella Fanny Pack
Oh my god, I am so excited for this bag and have a bit of a story to tell about it.
I had seen this bag on Instagram months ago because I follow a ton of Disney accounts and my explore page is essentially all Disney related. I instantly fell in love with it. I mean come on, look at the detail, the strap is a measuring tape! I found it online but it was sold out and I was so bummed about it. I knew Eddie was trying to hunt it down for me and they had a few available on eBay for a crazy amount and I knew he would pay the crazy amount because I loved it so much.
But, I didn’t want him to because that’s crazy and kept telling him no it’s okay and I just kind of let it go and forgot about it. Leading it up to my birthday, he saw that it was restocked on Boxlunch and picked it up for me and oh my god, I was so surprised and so happy. I just love it so much.
Again, I know, not everyone’s cup of tea, but I am so obsessed with it!!
Beauty Blender Holiday Set
Eddie picked up my Beauty Blender set! I got a similar set last year for Christmas and loved it so much. I mean, there is nothing better than a fresh beauty blender. So I was so happy about this set and I actually love the colors more in this one than last year’s.
Tarte Holiday Set
Every year, I have a tradition where I buy two specific holiday sets. The hourglass palette and the Tarte cheek palette. Tarte switched up their palette this year and released this trio. I was hesitant to purchase it and kept going back and forth and by the time I decided it was sold out online so I was thrilled when I unwrapped this for Christmas from Eddie.
I love Sugarfina! It’s definitely on the pricier side for candy, but I just love everything about it. They have a store downtown near the WTC and I stop by from time to time because I just love all of their stuff and Eddie made me a little trio of some of my favorite gummies!
Itunes Gift Card
Can we all just admit Eddie is the best? Whenever I travel to Vietnam, he tries to get me “useful gifts.” When I went like two years ago, he got me a Nintendo DS so that I could play with it on the plane. And this year he got me an iTunes gift card so that I could buy books on my iPad for the trip! I already finished one book and on to my second book of the year!!
This was a gift from Eddie’s oldest brother and his wife. I’ve been loving my necklaces lately and I especially love personal ones that have some kind of story or just something personal so I love this initial necklace and can’t wait to add it to my everyday pieces.
I wore it for the first time yesterday and it’s such a great addition to my everyday layers!
Book Of The Month Subscription
Probably one of my favorite gifts! This was a gift from Eddie’s brother and his girlfriend.
I love reading. I definitely was nowhere near the reading goal I set for myself last year, but I almost always have a book in my hand. So I’m so excited to try this out!
Basically they curate a selection of 5 books every month and you can choose which book you want for that month and if you want to add an add on, it’s an additional $9.99 which is a steal considering these are hardcover books. I’m so excited to try it out and will keep you posted on my thoughts. They also have a free gift on your 12th box which is a reusable tote with a BOOK POCKET, but it’s so cute that I want it now!!
If you’ve been following me for a while then you know that I typically do a dedicated goals post where I share my goals for the new year and even recap my previous goals. I don’t know why, but this year I just didn’t want to do a whole dedicated post so I thought I would just tag it along to this one. I’m always the first one to admit that I am a work in progress, but for the first time in a very long time, I feel like I am in a good place so that may also be why. But, here are a few of my goals for 2020.
- Read 30 books! Last year I wanted to read 100….welp, I read 15. So nowhere near my goal, but just happy I read some great books. I’m definitely reading 12 because of my Book of the Month subscription. I wanted to double it and make my goal 24 and then Eddie and I chatted and came to the happy medium of 30!
- Enjoy my family time. 2020 is a Vietnam year! And I am so excited to see my grandma and my cousins and my aunts and uncles and I just can not wait to soak up the time with them and just soak up the beauty that is Vietnam.
- Go to Disney World! This has probably been a goal for two to three years now and I still haven’t gone!! It’s just a really expensive trip and I really want to treat myself and do it right hence the hold out, but I’m hoping this will finally be a Disney year!!
- Continue learning in my career. When I think about when I started vs where I am at now, I’m just really proud of myself. I know this year will be filled with more learning and more challenges and a part of me is very scared and I want to hide under my desk, but another part of me is also very excited and ready for the challenge.
And that is all from me today!!
A bit wordy, but I just had so much to share and so much I wanted to catch up on.
Thank you so much for stopping by & reading. Have a great weekend!
Which of these Friday favorites do you really like? Let me know in a comment below!